ADSM-L

Moving from single length to extended length 3590 cartridge tapes.

2000-08-29 14:00:16
Subject: Moving from single length to extended length 3590 cartridge tapes.
From: Irene Braun <irene.braun AT UALBERTA DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:00:13 -0600
We are currently using single length 3590 cartridge tapes and would like
to move to using extended length tapes.  We are running ADSM 3.1.2.40 on AIX.
Can the two different tape length types co-exist in ADSM and if so how can
this be accomplished?  Does it entail defining a second virtual library with
a separate device class etc.  Would it be simple to manage?  Is there
any
online documentation discussing this procedure?
Thanks,  Irene
EMAIL:  irene.braun AT ualberta DOT ca