ADSM-L

TSM backing up EMC BCV

2000-08-28 09:40:28
Subject: TSM backing up EMC BCV
From: HK Chng <hkchng1 AT SINGNET.COM DOT SG>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 21:34:15 +0800
Hello fellow TSMers,

Recently I have request from a client to backup Business Continuance
Volumes created on a EMC symmetrix device using TSM. The TSM server (
AIX 4.3.3, TSM 3.7.3 ) is attached directly to the EMC through fibre
channel and data switch. A few Queries here :

1. Can it be done ? if it is possible, how do we go about implementing
it ?
2. What pitfalls must we look out for ?
3. i remembered that TSM 4.1 will include the Tivoli data protection for
symmetrix but so far, i haven't heard anything about the availability.
Does anypne have any idea is there a similar component available for TSM
3.7.3 ?

Many Thanks.
HK