ADSM-L

Re: Abends on server

2000-08-23 15:34:04
Subject: Re: Abends on server
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:33:43 -0400
>I had my server guy double check the memory
>on the server and he said it has about 85% unused. So he said memory is not
>a problem. Any other suggestions?

David - Thanks for the good chuckle!  That is, if the server guy could
        check and see that while the server is running that only 15% is
used, it of course means that there is no problem occurring and so the
value at this time doesn't mean much.  If instead it can be determined from
the abend dump what the memory utilization level was, that would be a
real indication if memory exhaustion was playing a role.
   Richard Sims, BU