ADSM-L

Re: TSM Backing up Clear Case ??

2000-08-23 12:54:23
Subject: Re: TSM Backing up Clear Case ??
From: Chapa David-WLDC18T <David_Chapa-WLDC18T AT EMAIL.MOT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:39:19 -0500
Richard:

Rational clearing states that there is no integration with any backup
product, but rather in its documentation is outlines the best way to backup
the VOBs is by using their tools to lock the VOBS / and Unlock the VOBS.

Before the backup begins:
LOGF=/tmp/somelogfile
        echo Locking vobs on `date` >>$LOGF  2>&1
        VOBS=`/usr/atria/bin/cleartool lsvob | grep GROUP_VOB_NAME | grep -v
\
          replica | cut -c 3- | awk '{print $2}'`
        for vob in $VOBS
        do
                /usr/atria/bin/cleartool lock -vob $vob >> $LOGF  2>&1
        done

After the backup completes:
LOGF=/tmp/somelogfile
        echo Locking vobs on `date` >>$LOGF  2>&1
        VOBS=`/usr/atria/bin/cleartool lsvob | grep GROUP_VOB_NAME | grep -v
\
          replica | cut -c 3- | awk '{print $2}'`
        for vob in $VOBS
        do
                /usr/atria/bin/cleartool unlock -vob $vob >> $LOGF  2>&1
        done

I don't use ADSM for backup of these VOBS, so I don't know where you would
put these pre and post execution commands.

David