ADSM-L

STK 9738 with 9840

2000-08-23 11:05:09
Subject: STK 9738 with 9840
From: Eduardo González Caballero <eduardog74 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 14:50:12 GMT
I have installed a TSM 4.1 server on an NT machine and I have configured
successfully the STK 9738 library. But when I try to configure it to another
TSM 4.1 server in a SUN machine I don't know which kind of device class I
have to use. On the NT machine the wizards did it for me. The system defined
a device class named ecartclass1 (with devtype = ECARTRIDGE) and a storage
pool named ecartpool. The problem is that I cannot find on the menus of the
administrative web interface any kind of device class for ECARTDRIGE.

If I create a GENERIC TAPE device class I cannot do any backup because the
server says "insufficient mount points". Does it make any sense?
Has anyone configured a ECARTRIDGE before on TSM for Solaris?
I would appreciate very much any help, thanks.