ADSM-L

Re: Veritas BackupExec interface to *SM

2000-08-21 10:54:12
Subject: Re: Veritas BackupExec interface to *SM
From: "Sailer, Werner" <Werner.Sailer AT EBERSPAECHER DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 16:53:37 +0200
It works - that's all I want to say about. We use it as a vehicle to
backup/restore
mailboxes from MS Exchange Server, because *sm is not able to do that in an
acceptable manner. Nobody wants to restore a whole Exchange Server to get a
tiny mail back, right ? So why not also backup the whole Database with
Veritas
an keep off from TDP ? The answer: it is running too long and ADSM/VM isn't
the tool anymore. Our Exchange gurus ordered a DLT Changer for the server
box
and did their work for themselves. Bad story for keeping *SM on the host
side.

Freundliche Gruesse  - kind regards

Werner Sailer
J. Eberspaecher GmbH & Co.     Internet: http://www.eberspaecher.de
Kaufm. Rechenzentrum           mailto:werner.sailer AT eberspaecher DOT de
Eberspaecherstr. 24            phone: +49-711-939-0972   fax: -0668
D-73730 Esslingen              Germany