ADSM-L

Difficulty defining HP DLT 2/20 library

2000-08-18 10:21:07
Subject: Difficulty defining HP DLT 2/20 library
From: Lloyd Dieter <dieter AT SNRGY DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:23:14 -0400
Hi all-

I'm in the process of setting up a HP Surestore E DLT 2/20 SCSI library, and am
having problems getting TSM to recognize it...environment is as follows:

HP K360 running 11.0 (32 bit).
TSM server is 3.7.0.0
Library is connected to two dedicated HSC SCSI (A2969A) cards, one for each
drive, with the drives each set at address 1, and the robot set at address 0
off of the same channel as drive 1.

The OS sees the library, and I can mount/unmount tapes (using UMA) and access
them (tar) in the drives.

The device files for the drives are /dev/rmt/1m and 2m, respectively.

The robotics are seen as /dev/rac/c0t0d0.

When I attempt to define the library like so:

tsm: K360>define library tapelib libtype=scsi device=/dev/rac/c0t0d0

This is what I get back:

ANR8418E DEFINE LIBRARY: An I/O error occurred while accessing library
TAPELIB.
ANS8001I Return code 3.

Has anyone successfully set up one of these libraries on an HPUX box?

Thanks...

-Lloyd
    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
    Lloyd Dieter        -       Senior Technology Consultant
   Synergy, Inc.   http://www.synergyinc.cc   ldieter AT snrgy DOT com
             Main:716-389-1260    fax:716-389-1267