ADSM-L

Re: redirect script-output

2000-08-16 09:34:38
Subject: Re: redirect script-output
From: "Barth, Terry V. (MBS)" <Terry.Barth AT MORTGAGEFAMILY DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:40:03 -0400
Yes, we have these outputs throughout various scripts.

Another way we have some things set up on our Unix platform is that we
create scripts and then run them through crontab - but it can also be done
through the admin schedule.

Ex:

script name - offsite_list.ksh

# Identify volumes to be moved offsite
DATE=$(date '+%m/%d/%y %H:%M:%S')
PULLDATE=$(date '+%m%d%y_%H%M')
CHECKOUT_FILE=${DRM_TOP}/pull_list.${PULLDATE}
cat ${TOP_BIN}/pull_file1.txt > ${CHECKOUT_FILE}

Then in the ADSM schedule name, we use the "run script" command.

or we place it in crontab -

We use crontab when it is a process that we are not worried about stopping
if necessary - we use admin schedule when we want a faster means of control.

:0)

Terry