ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation Data Streams

2000-08-15 17:05:57
Subject: Re: Reclamation Data Streams
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 14:05:59 -0700
You can setup discorrdint onsite reclamations with single drives.

What I mean is you start an onsite-Tapepool reclamation that dumps the
tape to a reclamation disk.  after its done you trigger the migration off
that disk and start another tape-dump to a different disk (file) area.
then switch again when both succeed.

that would maximize the use of 2 drives and 2 rec processes.
Unfortuneately you cannot set migproc>1 for reclamation stg pools.
I hope that's a bug Tivoli's addressing.

... joe.f.
P.S>  I am assuming single-tape reclamation is more effecient that tape to
tape.   It appears to be more effecient from my observations.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley