ADSM-L

Re: Base TMS client and SQL backup question

2000-08-15 09:15:41
Subject: Re: Base TMS client and SQL backup question
From: Phil Bone <PBone AT AFLAC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:15:27 -0400
We are using the ADSM SQL Connect Agent (or TSM SQL Data Protection Agents)
to do our backups.  Our DBA's are scheduling and running the backups with
SQL jobs that they have setup through the SQL Enterprise Manager.  Then they
can have the status of the backup jobs emailed to them through SQL Mail.

As far as issuing "net" commands in pre/post, I would assume that at a
minimum you would have to configure the ADSM/TSM "Central Scheduler Agent"
and/or the "Client Acceptor" to run as an NT account with the required
privilege to stop/start services.  Just a guess...

Phil Bone
Sr. Systems Consultant
Network Services, Infrastructure Management
Office: 706.596.5928
Fax: 706.596.5950
Email: pbone AT aflac DOT com
Email: philbone AT mindspring DOT com