ADSM-L

Backupsets appear empty on client

2015-10-04 17:28:41
Subject: Backupsets appear empty on client
From: MacDonald, David DA [mailto:MacDonald.David.DA AT BHP DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi all,

We're having some problems getting backupsets to work.

We generate the backupsets with the following server command:

generate backupset [nodename] [backupsetname] dev=3D3590

This process completes without any problems. We can view the contents =
of the
backupset from the server using the "query backupsetcontents" command. =
When
we go to restore from the backupset in the client, the backupsets =
appear
under the "Backupsets - Server" heirachy, but they are empty. No =
ammount of
fiddling with display or restore options seems to make any difference.

Server: TSM 3.7.3 on AIX 4.3.3
Client: Version 3.7.0 on NT4

Any suggestions as to how this is supposed to work? Am I missing =
something
really obvious? Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave.
Unix Services
CSC TS

EOM

NOTICE - This message contains information intended only for the use of =
the
addressee named above.  It may also be confidential and/or privileged.  =
If
you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby =
notified
that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on =
it.
If you have received this message in error please notify =
postmaster AT bhp DOT com.