ADSM-L

Data rate to tape and back

2000-08-11 17:51:53
Subject: Data rate to tape and back
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:51:53 -0700
Here is what I have in case it helps anyone find an answer. An H50 dual
processor with 512mb memory running AIX 4.3.3, ADSM V3.1.2.55, 3494 Library
with 4 3590-E1A drives, 14 36gb disks for pools....

I'm wondering if there are any things I should look for to make sure I have
the system optimally configured for data transfer rates from disk to tape,
client to tape and tape to client for restores. Is there settings I can
change to do this or is everything supposed to be configured already when
it's installed. I didn't install it so I don't know.

More questions on upgrading from V3.1 to 3.7...

If anyone has already done this how long is the process?

Can I expect a clean install?

Do I have to do anything after the upgrade or can I just bring ADSM back
online?

Do I need to do anything after I bring ADSM back online?

What happens if something goes wrong???

How much trouble is it to back a state that things will work, not that I'd
expect any problems of course.....

Thanks again for the help,
Geoff