ADSM-L

TSM 4.1 Client on W2k Problems

2000-08-10 12:04:39
Subject: TSM 4.1 Client on W2k Problems
From: Gerhard Rentschler <g.rentschler AT RUS.UNI-STUTTGART DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:04:39 +0200
Hello,
I just installed the new 4.1 client on my Win2K system. About 30 minutes
later without doing much with it I have 2 questions:
1. Tivoli's WWW page
http://www.tivoli.com/products/index/storage_mgr/storage_win_2000.html
states that the server utilities are rehostet as MMC snap ins. However, I
can't find these snap ins. Is this a feature which comes with the server?

2. I tried in vain to install the ODBC support. The installer complained
that I had not the necessary administrator privileges. However, I certainly
used the administrator id. Is this still a language problem? Both, Win2K and
TSM client are configured to use german language.

Best regards
Gerhard
---
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Gerhard Rentschler            email:g.rentschler AT rus.uni-stuttgart DOT de
Regional Computing Center     tel.   ++49/711/685 5806
University of Stuttgart       fax:   ++49/711/682357
Allmandring 30a
D 70550
Stuttgart
Germany