ADSM-L

Re: Backup stgpool bug

2000-08-10 07:57:09
Subject: Re: Backup stgpool bug
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 07:57:09 -0400
>08/10/2000 00:52:45 ANR1257W Storage pool backup skipping damaged file on
>volume 0630A5: Node OD6-VERITAS, Type Backup, File space /data0002, File
>name /ora/klapa/dbdata/klapasxb1_1.dbf.
>State of SUCCESS????? 0 Unreadable Bytes? This in NOT correct!

Eric - This may be one of those interpretation and semantics issues.

The ANR1257W message description says that the file involved is one which was
*previously* marked Damaged.  Your most recent storage pool backup thus did not
discover the problem, but merely responded to the flagging to skip the file and
go to completion.  It that sense, it was an orderly and successful storage pool
backup.  I would expect that the backup which discovered the problem did not
complete successfully - we hope.  It would be worth it to all of us if you
could go back in Activity Logs and see what happened at discovery time.
Also, run a query and see if that instance of the file is already in the
backup storage pool - which would be a good thing, allowing you to recover it
to the primary pool.  A RESTORE STGpool Preview=Yes would probably tell you
if this were so.

   Richard Sims, BU