ADSM-L

Re: Recommended ADSM hardware

2000-08-10 00:53:26
Subject: Re: Recommended ADSM hardware
From: arhoads <arhoads AT PACBELL DOT NET>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 21:53:26 -0700
1. Go for an *80, whatever you can afford.  Disk (SSA) is more important
than RAM.  Couldn't justify much more than 256MB on ADSM -- havn't any
evidence for TSM.  AIX will use the extra so go for a gig or two...

2. Go for a 3494 with at least 3 (pref. 4) 3590-E1A drives.  Too much?
Buy used from ICC & upgrade.  Still too much?  Buy a new, large
capacity, 3575 with at least 4 (pref. 6) 3570C drives.  Too much?  Buy
used from ICC & upgrade.  Still too much?  Go to work for a better
company!

Does my preference for IBM hardware show?  Go browse ADSM-L archives and
then review 8mm & DLT recording technology and decide for yourself.