ADSM-L

sql select output redirection - stopped working!

2000-08-09 16:16:09
Subject: sql select output redirection - stopped working!
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 16:16:09 -0400
I can't believe. This used to work when I ran the ADSM 3.1 client on
WindowsNT.
I used a command file (.cmd) to execute sql selects like this:

dsmadmc -id=talafous -password=xxxx -outfile > sqltables.txt select * from
tables

By using the 'My Computer' or 'Windows Explorer' interfaces, this would
work. The resultant file 'sqltables.txt' was, as expected, a list of tables
in the ADSM data base.

I upgraded to TSM 3.7.1 client on my WindowsNT workstation and later found
that it doesn't work.
I upgraded to TSM 3.7.2 client on my WindowsNT workstation and it doesn't
work.
I have tried '-outfile=sqltables.txt'  and that doesn't work either.
I have found that this will work from the MSDOS prompt, but not the 'My
Computer' or 'Windows Explorer'
interfaces.  What on earth am I doing wrong!???

John G. Talafous                         Sr. Tech. Prog/Anal
The Timken Company                 Phone: (330)-471-3390
P.O. Box 6927                           Fax  : (330)-471-4034
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927
talafous AT timken DOT com                  http://www.timken.com/