ADSM-L

FW: Restoring files

2000-08-09 16:12:04
Subject: FW: Restoring files
From: "Murphy.Jacqueline" <Jacqueline_Murphy AT FTB.CA DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:12:04 -0700
Hello Geoff,
        Since you're memo did not provide any history, I'm making some
assumption here forgive for starting at the top:
        Though we're running UDB EEE, this should still apply.  If the
Oracle person can backup to *SM then he/she should be able to restore
without
modifying their operating system privileges.
        They should be able to backup their database to the filesystem and
restore from that backup (the is totally independent of *SM).   If not it's
either
an access privilege issue (ex. user doesn't have the right user group
privileges; user trying to write out to a filesystem they don't have access
to) and or setup issue
(ex. flags are not set...sorry don't know Oracle well enough to provide
examples, or USERID does not have backup/restore privileges within Oracle
therefore
the Senior Oracle DBA must set this up).
        Do you and/or the UNIX Admin know for certain whether or not this
"pseudo" individual" has backup their data to the local filesystem? If they
can perform a successful backup and restore to/from the filesystem but they
have not backup to *SM I would suggest checking the  *SM API configuration
you setup.

Regard,
Jacqueline