ADSM-L

Windows 2000 profession B/u issues

2000-08-09 11:40:37
Subject: Windows 2000 profession B/u issues
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 11:40:37 -0400
Is anyone out there backing up Windows 2000 professional clients. We are
looking to migrate to 2000 but there are issues with user privileges to
files and folders.
I have gone through the documentation but have not been able to get TSM to
see a user share. It will only see the default \\localmachine\C$ admin
share.

We are looking to "lock down most of the device except 1 folder which we set
up a share to. This folder is called "scratch". Not my idea for a name so
don't go there ;-)

so, we have a domain \\localmachine\scratch in addition to the c$ share.

has anyone been able to get this or any other approach to work?

Thanks -
CR

Cris Robinson
Backup & Recovery Engineering
Information Technology Support Services
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837
mailto:cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com