ADSM-L

Re: What determines what is to be backed up?

2000-08-09 10:21:08
Subject: Re: What determines what is to be backed up?
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:21:08 -0500
Ok,
1st) is it within a "domain"
2nd) is it valid when run through include/exclude processing
3rd) a whole bunch of things... ;-)
        (I seem to remember way back in V2 that multiple things were
checked... just about along the lines of what virus checkers do... size,
checksum, etc...)

I'd check to see if maybe a volume (that might have been holding those
files) went bad on your server...
Also I'd check (via dsmc q backup -inact blahhhh) and see if the size of the
file changed ? ? ?
Also, the file might not have changed but some of the permissions on the
file might have changed (rights to access the file) and I can't say if that
constitutes a "last changed data" alteration on your client platform...

Dwight