ADSM-L

Scheduler Problems on AIX - SCHEDMODE=PROMPTED???

2000-08-09 09:20:22
Subject: Scheduler Problems on AIX - SCHEDMODE=PROMPTED???
From: Sean McNamara <mcnams AT PJM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:20:22 -0400
Hello All,

        I upgraded my AIX TSM clients to 3.7.2.14 yesterday and now I am having
a problem with the TSM scheduler process.  The backups were missed for the 6
boxes I upgraded last night.  I arrived this morning and thought maybe I had
forgotten to restart the scheduler, but the schedulers were all running.  I
investigated by looking in the activity log and I received the following error
for all of the clients -   ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact
client client name using type 1 (IP Address 1501).  The schedule mode for these
clients was set to PROMPTED.  I switched the schedule mode to POLLING and the
scheduled backups ran.  Is there a problem with the TSM scheduler at this level?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Sean

Sean McNamara