ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation Threshold

2000-08-08 18:50:10
Subject: Re: Reclamation Threshold
From: Tab Trepagnier <Tab.Trepagnier AT LAITRAM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 17:50:10 -0500
Jack,

I keep our primary tape storage pools at 50%.  I can always drop them lower if
necessary - that is my "margin."

We run expiration weekly to avoid the reclamation that would be caused by the
threshold being lower than 100%.

During the weekly maintenance I drop the threshold on off-site copypool tapes to
70%.  Otherwise they stay at 100.  Our copypool is a single-drive DLT library so
the threshold is chosen in part by the throughput of that little library.

Tab

Palmadesso Jack <Jack.Palmadesso AT SWPC.SIEMENS DOT COM> on 08/08/2000
02:02:48 PM