ADSM-L

Re: very large file_size causes single drive reclamation to loop

2000-08-08 15:20:59
Subject: Re: very large file_size causes single drive reclamation to loop
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:20:59 -0400
>I want to find out what these large files are and where they came from.
>Then, I can do some analysis as to what should really be done about this
>situation. I am hesitant to launch an SQL select against the contents
>database table. Has anyone found a way to determine the largest file(s) in
>*SM's inventory?

John - A Content search is indeed painful.  I wonder...

Since the victim operation was a reclamation, perhaps a simple
Query Content would quickly reveal the file in it hopefully being
the first of the files left on that volume, since its reclamation
could not proceed.  A possibility...
   Richard Sims, BU