ADSM-L

Re: Preferred server? ADSM on NT vs ADSM on AIX

2000-08-07 19:16:23
Subject: Re: Preferred server? ADSM on NT vs ADSM on AIX
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 16:16:23 -0700
Hal,

Do look at the price comparison of a 3466 as a 'total solution' option.

What I mean is , don't dismiss it as just another AIX box.
It includes a license for 5000 clients (or at least it used to!)
And may even be cheaper as a whole than buying all the parts yourself.

The down side is that it will reach a point where IBM will say:

"Go ahead and run it into the ground but we won't upgrade it anymore."

and that point is usually (?) around 3 or so years ...

... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio, Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley