ADSM-L

Re: ADIC Tape Units with TSM

2000-08-04 11:47:23
Subject: Re: ADIC Tape Units with TSM
From: Chris W Knox <Chris.W.Knox AT AEXP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 08:47:23 -0700
We have an ADIC Scalar 1000 (size of 2 refrigerators and with 6 DLT drives) and
I think it's great.  We also have a smaller Scalar 100 at another location
which I'll be bringing up in the next month.  When we've needed help with
configuration and set-up ADIC has been right there with excellent hardware
support, both over the phone and on-site.  I did run into some installation
problems which led to a case of vendor fingers pointing in circles (IBM -> Sun
-> ADIC -> IBM...).  Problem turned out to be the TSM 3.7.0 server on Solaris
2.6 (instant panic when you try to read a tape using the TSM DLT driver.
2.6 (instant panic when you try to read a tape using the TSM DLT driver.

Chris

From: "Jeffery Carroll" <jeffery_carroll AT AGFG DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on
08/03/2000
      05:14 PM EST