ADSM-L

[no subject]

2000-08-02 09:26:12
From: Vincent CADET <Vincent.Cadet AT IRISLINK DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 15:26:12 +0200
You cannot backup those DBs since they are locked by SYSTEM on NT.

Instead you must backup the backup copy of them (usually in the
system32/wins/backup folder as for WINS). You'll have to setup WINS
to make an automatic backup of its DB in WINS manager. Remember
you MUST backup WINS DB manually once for the automated process to
take place.

See http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q235/6/09.ASP
for more info on backing up & restoring WINS DB.

DHCP, if I remember, is saved periodically and all you have to do is
backup the backup copy of the DB in system32/dhcp/backup.

You also can make a copy of the DHCP registry setup information in
a REG file for backup. The key is located in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCPServer\Configur
ation.

See http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q130/6/42.asp
for other details on moving DHCP DB. Contains usefull information
on how to back it up completely.

See http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q145/8/81.ASP
for more info & hints on DHCP & WINS.

Hope this helps.