ADSM-L

Mac and Linux 4.1 clients, 4.1 Servers?

2000-08-01 09:34:17
Subject: Mac and Linux 4.1 clients, 4.1 Servers?
From: "Gretchen L. Thiele" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:34:17 EDT
I downloaded the Linux client while at SHARE last week and ran
a simple subdir backup to one of my servers at home. All went
well until I went to restore the files - they were nowhere to
be seen! So I shut down the GUI and started it up again (we've
had to do this if we want to do multiple archives on several
client platforms), still no luck. Client system was RH 6.2.

As for the Mac client, the scheduler daemon is still not working
and now the NODENAME is prompted for whenever the scheduler
is started. The password box is grayed out since PASSWORDACCESS
GENERATE is in effect. Client system is 9.0.4.

Anyone else seeing these problems? I'm reluctantly going to
upgrade my test Solaris clients today and see what has happened.
In both cases, the server is Solaris/TSM v3.7.3.

Also, are the servers not released yet or will we have to go to
our friendly, neighborhood Tivoli rep (the same one who has taken
over a *year* to provide us with a try-and-buy of TDP for MSSQL),
as I can't find them on the ftp site.

Gretchen Thiele
Princeton University