ADSM-L

TSM (NT version) Backup on HP35470A makes device report an error, not NT tools; what's wrong ?

2000-07-31 09:12:02
Subject: TSM (NT version) Backup on HP35470A makes device report an error, not NT tools; what's wrong ?
From: Vincent CADET <Vincent.Cadet AT IRISLINK DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 15:12:02 +0200
Hi,

I installed TSM 3.7.3 on an NT4 server (SP4). I'm using an older manual
drive,
the HP35470A, on which I upgraded the microcode (only one was available
at
HP's: 12.09). It is connected to an Adaptec 2904CD SCSI PCI adapter.

If I make backups to tape with TSM, the device's "Problem" led blinks.
If I make
backups with DOS, NTBackup and Windows 95 Backup tool, I don't get this
weird behaviour.

I once called HP support as I also had troubles using those backup
software
and they told me the cause was that the SCSI bus was not terminated. I
now
terminated the bus and I finally get no problem with those tools but
with TSM.
I've checked the tape, they're all OK (anyway it happens with ALL
tapes).

What's wrong here ? Do you have an idea on how it can be fixed ?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Vince