ADSM-L

Scheduling Question.

2000-07-30 05:13:17
Subject: Scheduling Question.
From: Jason Morgan - Finance <Jason.Morgan AT BLAENAU-GWENT.GOV DOT UK>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 10:13:17 +0100
I have an Oracle backup split over 2 archive schedules due to the number of
objects backed up.

Schedule A starts at 20:00 and takes 40 Minutes.
Schedule B starts at 20:10 and takes 2 hrs.

Schedule B waits for Schedule A to complete.

At this time this is the only client node backing up.

We have a Magstar 3575library.

Schedule A is using the drive. The other drive is idle !!!!.

I guess my question is can you run two archive schedules from the same
client at the same time, therefore utilising two drives and hopefully
reducing the length of the backup window ? If you can do this, why isn't
this working.

Jason Morgan
Technical Support Analyst
Blaenau Gwent C.B.C

Telephone: 01495 355230
Email: Jason.Morgan AT blaenau-gwent.gov DOT uk