ADSM-L

Intro / Basics / Tutorial

2000-07-28 13:23:03
Subject: Intro / Basics / Tutorial
From: Boe Franklin <boe.franklin AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 13:23:03 -0400
What would be a good intro to Tivoli Storage Admin?
I've got the 3.7 Admin Guide, Ref and redbook Getting Started:
Implementation Guide.
I also just downloaded TSM Concepts redbook draft (SG24-4887-02)
So far I think this is what I need,
Server Schedule --> client backup --> disk storgrp --> overflow tape storgrp
--> copy storgrp for offsite backup?
Do clients get their own copy storgrp for offsite?
Do clients get their own copy storgrp for offsite?
1-      Server initiates client backup (unix this case)
2-      Backup goes to disk storgrp
3-      What makes the storgrp go to tape when client is done? (currently I
think I have it setup to overflow)
4-      I would think that I would do a backup copy storgrp (offsite) of
disk storgrp before moving it to tape
5-      Restores would be done from tape storgrp except in disaster then use
offsite.

Back to reading!
Thanks,
Boe Franklin