ADSM-L

Re: Recommended ADSM hardware

1975-02-18 05:30:38
Subject: Re: Recommended ADSM hardware
From: Pat Wilson <paw AT NORTHSTAR.DARTMOUTH DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 11:49:38 +22300919
Marc -

I'm certainly interested in what you wind up with.  At lot of
your answers are going to depend on how much data you're backing
up for how many clients in what time window, and what your
restore requirements are.

I've been happy with my H70 and .5GB RAM, but the 35GB I've got
on it is just slightly cramped for the way I'm running things.
We've got an IBM 7337 library, with 2 DLT7000s - that's just not
enough drives (though I don't have a problem with their capacity
or, usually, with the speed).  I definitely am looking at larger
libraries with more drives, though plan to stick with the
DLT7000s until convinced otherwise.

I haven't had any direct experience with AIT, and I'm happy
enough for the moment with DLT that I'm not going to jump to a
new technology until it's pervasive.  YMMV.

Good luck!

--paw