ADSM-L

Re: Mksysb

2000-07-27 19:34:24
Subject: Re: Mksysb
From: Steve Harris <steveh AT WESLEY.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:34:24 +1000
You can't.

This sort of functionality (i.e. mksysb across a network) is available
using IBM's sysback product.
You can use this to backup to another machine's disk  or tape and also to
restore the rootvg across the network.

I have an idea that NIM has similar functionality, but I've never explored
it.  Sysback is a good product and reasonably priced, last I looked.

Regards

Steve Harris,
AIX/ADSM/Oracle/HACMP Guy,
The Wesley Hospital, Brisbane Australia