ADSM-L

Re: TSM server - NT vs. Solaris

2000-07-27 11:47:25
Subject: Re: TSM server - NT vs. Solaris
From: Joe Gross <jgross AT STIMPY DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 08:47:25 -0700
On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 01:36:48PM +0200, Viliam Varga wrote:

> I need to compare TSM server on Windows NT and TSM server on Sun Solaris.
> What are main differences? I know, that TSM is faster and more stable on
> Solaris, but I have not experience in real environment. Does anybody have
> it?
> Thank you for all opinions and suggestions.

I run TSM 3.7 on solaris 7-64 bit with a pretty large installation and have
been particularly unimpressed with the stability of the server code. I've
run though 3.7.1 to 3.7.3.7 last night when I had yet another database
lockup. I find myself logging a sev 1 PMR about once a month because the
server has crashed in one way or another.

The server is an excellent product with less than excellent quality control.

If you have the extra $$$ to spend on an AIX box for your server I would
highly recommend doing so.