ADSM-L

Re: multiple adsm servers

2000-07-26 17:55:25
Subject: Re: multiple adsm servers
From: bbullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:55:25 -0600
        Yes, we have a couple of boxes where we have 2 ADSM servers running.
Here is what we did to get it to work.

1. Set the ADSM server variables either on the command line or in a script
like this:

export DSMSERV_CONFIG=/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/dsmserv.opt
export DSMSERV_DIR=/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin

  For your second server it may look like this to point to a differet
dsmserv.opt file:

export DSMSERV_CONFIG=/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin2/dsmserv.opt
export DSMSERV_DIR=/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin

        This step was needed to start the each ADSM servers with the correct
dsmserv.opt file.

2. Create a second stanza in your dsm.sys file to point to the second ADSM
server port. Your dsm.sys may look like this:

SERVERNAME             adsma
  COMMMETHOD           TCPIP
  TCPSERVERADDRESS     YOURSERVER
  TCPPORT              1500
  COMPRESSION          off
  changingretries      4
  inclexcl             /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/inclexcl
  maxcmdretries        4
  retryperiod          30
  schedlogname         /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/schedule.log
  queryschedperiod     2
  schedmode            prompted
  passwordaccess       generate
  schedlogretention    4 D
  txnbytelimit         10240
  tcpwindowsize        640
  tcpbuffsize          32

SERVERNAME             adsmb
  COMMMETHOD           TCPIP
  TCPSERVERADDRESS     YOURSERVER
  TCPPORT              1508
  COMPRESSION          off
  changingretries      4
  inclexcl             /usr/lpp/adsm/bin/inclexcl.b
  maxcmdretries        4
  retryperiod          15
  schedlogname         /var/log/adsm/schedule.b
  queryschedperiod     2
  schedmode            prompted
  passwordaccess       generate
  schedlogretention    4 D
  txnbytelimit         10240
  tcpwindowsize        640
  tcpbuffsize          32

3. Get to the second ADSM server on the box by typing in:
        dsmadmc -se=adsmb

        One note is that we were unable to use port 1501 for the second
server because it seemed to interfere with the first server. Not really sure
why, we never looked into it. We just went with port 1508 once we found it
worked.

        Our platform is AIX 4.3.3.

Good luck,
Ben Bullock