ADSM-L

Restoring a server

2000-07-25 15:30:54
Subject: Restoring a server
From: Ray Baughman <rbaughman AT NATIONALMACHINERY DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 15:30:54 -0400
Hello All,

I'm getting ready to migrate from ADSM to TSM and to move the server from
one H50 to another H50.  This process gives me the opportunity to test out
my disaster recovery procedure.  I have moved a copy of ADSM to the new H50
and migrated to TSM.  This ran fine.  I then backedup up the TSM database,
and blew TSM away,  everything!  I have since reloaded TSM, and restored the
dsmserv.dsk, dsmserv.opt, volhist.txt and devconfig.txt files.  I have also
used dsmfmt to recreate the database and log files and copy files.  My last
step is to restore the database from my backup, however when I perform the
restore, using dsmserv restore db.  I get the following message.

Unable to read complete restart/checkpoint information from any database or
recovery log volume.

What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.

Ray Baughman
National Machinery Co.
Phone:   419-443-2257
Fax:     419-443-2376
Email:   rbaughman AT nationalmachinery DOT com