ADSM-L

Re: Upgrade to Tivoli

2000-07-25 12:22:21
Subject: Re: Upgrade to Tivoli
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 09:22:21 -0700
A01 and C00  ... in IBM's (read: lawyer's) terms that could be a *big*
difference.   I'd be interested in knowing if its an out-of-maintenance
out-of-contract issue and not technical.

I have been told that for our C10 we will get the TSM 3.7 "microcode"
upgrade but that 4.0 may not be available for 'old' netstor (3466) boxes.
This may coincide with the forthcoming C01's and C11's that replace the
0's.

            ... joe.f.
p.s.  I have also been told to upgrade my ADSM server software myself with
on phone help if I wanted to go from 3.1.21 to 3.1.40 or 31.55 ... etc.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley