ADSM-L

Re: TRying to read ACTLOG

2000-07-25 06:08:17
Subject: Re: TRying to read ACTLOG
From: Vincent CADET <Vincent.Cadet AT IRISLINK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:08:17 +0200
Michel,

There is a way indeed using ODBC. But, as far as I'm
concerned I've not succeeded in opening any table in
TSM with a silent login (i.e. passing UID and PWD
directly to the driver). I get a "Catastrophic failure"
and I don't know why. I've submitted that problem to
Tivoli so far. I get no error if I accept the logon
dialog.

However if you don't mind being prompted for those
information, it is a way to check the activity log by
sending the query "SELECT * FROM ACTLOG" (assuming
you have linked ACTLOG to an MS Access DB).

Regards,
Vince