ADSM-L

Re: 3494 Tape library slots

2000-07-24 17:27:26
Subject: Re: 3494 Tape library slots
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 16:27:26 -0500
does
        mtlib -l/dev/lmcp# -qV -VXXX###
show the volser ?

if so do a
        mtlib -l/dev/lmcp#  -C -s[sourcecategory] -t[targetcategory]
-VXXX###
use the source category as is listed in the results of the query volume
use the source category as is listed in the results of the query volume
and use a target category of "purge" which is (help me out here people, I'm
at home away from my library manual)
I think is FFFF  it is FFFx something... I believe... if you have your 3494
manual lookup the different categories and you'll find it there, it is the
one to "purge info"

the atl might be holding the slots for the tapes...

later,
      Dwight