ADSM-L

Re: Moving from RS6K AIX H50s to H70s

2000-07-24 11:28:08
Subject: Re: Moving from RS6K AIX H50s to H70s
From: Mark Adams <mark_adams AT CSGSYSTEMS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 10:28:08 -0500
I have moved ADSM 2 times now, with no repercussions.
Just lay out your file systems exactly the same on the new server.
Install ADSM so that the ODM gets updated.
Install the Atape drivers.
Do a dbbackup full just in case.
Halt ADSM server
Then copy your database and recovery log to the new server, using the same
names.
Copy any disk spools to the new server, using the same names.
Check Tape library configurations on present system.
Disconnect library from present system and connect to new system.
cfgmgr -v
Check new tape configurations to make sure everything matches old
configuration.
Start the server on the new system.
I always have ran an audit library after everything is up and looks OK.

If you have any additional questions or concerns I would be glad to visit
with
you off line.

Mark A. Adams
Systems Programmer