ADSM-L

Re: DRM processing tapes that are not full.....

2000-07-23 01:51:46
Subject: Re: DRM processing tapes that are not full.....
From: "Slaughter, Bill" <BillSlaughter AT TUPPERWARE DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 01:51:46 -0400
I had a script to move the tapes that are full to a not mountable state.

Is your data on these non-full tapes not critical that you can afford them
to be onsite in the event of a disaster?

I combined my offsite storage pools (to reduce tapes used) into 2 separate
storage pools for DRM. (PROD_OFFSITE, DEV_OFFSITE).

I do send off a few non full tapes each day but, I reclaim the space later
my moving that not full data to other tapes based on % reclaimable.