ADSM-L

Aggregate files

2000-07-20 11:39:16
Subject: Aggregate files
From: Bart Colbert <Bart.Colbert AT RAYONIER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:39:16 -0400
Hello,

 I know this has been mentioned many times before.

 -Primary stgpool in a library
 -Assosciated volumes per volume same stgpool

Example:

 BACKUP_STGPOOL in LIBR 7337
 VOL A0001

 Would like to make a list that shows if you wanted to
 move data on A0001 you would need A0023, A0059 and A0091
 Which are in BACKUP_STGPOOL but are outside the LIBR and
 UNAV.

 If there is a effecient mthod of collecting this data
 I would like to make a process that automatically
 creates a listing daily and places it on the web server.

Note:

 Collecting information about required tapes from a copypool
 is not a issue and can be done by setting the tape to destroyed
 and restore stgpool BACKUP_STGPOOL preview=yes and then
 checking the actlog. I have tried similiar logic on tapes in
 the same pool and every select command I can figure without
 good results.

Thanks in advance,
Bart