ADSM-L

DRM processing tapes that are not full.....

2000-07-19 10:40:26
Subject: DRM processing tapes that are not full.....
From: "DUNHAM, WES (SBCSI)" <JD9679 AT TXMAIL.SBC DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:40:26 -0500
Hello all,

I am wondering how you may be handling the following situation:

I am using DRM to manage my offsite tape storage, and have "scripts" with
the move commands to automate the process on a daily basis, as I am sure
many others do as well.

Anyway, I currently have the move drm command to move tapes to vault set for
a begin date of today -3, so as to try and ensure that the tapes I am
sending offsite are full. (Let's face it, tapes aren't cheap, so why not use
the full capacity...).

Has anyone found a way to ensure that you only send full tapes offsite with
DRM? The command I am running is:
mov drm wherest=mountable tost=vault begind=today-3.  I am aware that the
move media command outside of drm has the capability to allow you to specify
only full tapes, but can't see anything that straightforward with the move
drm command.

Any suggestions? (Maybe a macro or SQL query in conjunction with the move
drm command?)

Thanks in advance, Wes Dunham

Wes Dunham
Midrange Storage Management - ADSM/TSM
Systems Manager, SBC Services, INC.
2 Bell Plaza, 260.153  Dallas, Texas  75202
*: (214) 858-1489 Office
*: (888) 497-2636 Pager
*: (214) 858-0496 Fax
"Logic is a systematic method of coming to the wrong conclusion with
confidence....."

"This eMail and any files transmitted with it are the property of SBC, are
confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom this eMail is addressed. If you are not one of the named
recipients or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at (214) 858-1489 and delete this
message immediately from your computer. Any other use, retention,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this eMail is strictly
prohibited."