ADSM-L

Re: BACKUP DB need a least 2 Tapes?

2000-07-19 07:34:06
Subject: Re: BACKUP DB need a least 2 Tapes?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 07:34:06 -0400
>I have another question: Is it possible to create *one* tape containing the DB
>and the client data which then could be taken offsite and what commands should
>I use?

Werner - The Export command is the conventional means of achieving that.

There is an obvious chicken-and-egg problem with trying to otherwise get
the database and client data onto one tape: you'd want then in *SM form,
but you'd need a *SM server operating to get them off the tape, which
means you'd already have a DB...  You could otherwise approach it all
with operating system backup/restore commands, to physically back up
the data; but this is what *SM is for.

Consider also looking into the Disaster Recovery Manager adjunct.
There is also the pending AutoVault product from CodeRelief.com.
   Richard Sims, BU