ADSM-L

Re: BACKUP DB need a least 2 Tapes?

2000-07-19 04:24:51
Subject: Re: BACKUP DB need a least 2 Tapes?
From: Werner Nussbaumer <werner.nussbaumer AT UBS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:24:51 +0200
Thank you for your answer. Yes, I agree: for the BACKUP DB I need only 1 tape.
But the second time I need another tape, because the other can only be expired
if there is a second backup of the DB.

I just ask if we have a tape library with 14 tapes each with 35MB/70MB Data.
The DB may use 1 to 2 GB so this is a waste of tape space because tapes with a
BACKUP DB can't be used for other backups? I think what I will do: I backup to
DB to another adsm server and backup the DB there.

I have another question: Is it possible to create *one* tape containing the DB
and the client data which then could be taken offsite and what commands should
I use?

Thanks for help in advance,
Regards
Werner Nussbaumer