ADSM-L

Problems with CA-1 and EDM after going to TSM 3.7 on OS/390

2015-10-04 17:29:34
Subject: Problems with CA-1 and EDM after going to TSM 3.7 on OS/390
From: Linnea Nichols [mailto:linnea.nichols AT co.fairfax.va DOT us]
To: ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu
A month ago we upgraded to TSM 3.7 on OS/390 - just today, we discovered
that the EDM portion of CA-1 no longer seems to be kicking in and expiring
tapes as TSM frees them up. Until the upgrade, we had no problems. Has
anyone else experienced this problem or have an idea what could be wrong?

Our TMS PPOPTION member TMOEDM00 looks as follows:

EDM=ADSM,DSN=ADSM.BFS,PGM=DSMSERV
EDM=ADSM,DSN=ADSM.POB.BFS,PGM=DSMSERV
EDM=ADSM,DSN=ADSM.DBB,PGM=DSMSERV

We didn't change the DSN's when we upgraded, and TMS shows DSMSERV as the
program name when you look at the CA1 record for the tape. At this point,
I'm totally baffled.

Linnea Nichols

Fairfax Co Govt, Fairfax, VA   Linnea.Nichols AT co.fairfax.va DOT us
Phone: 703/324-2708  FAX:703-324-3958