ADSM-L

Re: Copy Pool Question

2000-07-18 07:45:46
Subject: Re: Copy Pool Question
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:45:46 -0500
Copy pools, (created with the "backup stg") are just "incremental" backups
of the primary storage pool.
When the data expires in the primary pool, it expires from the copy pool.
If someone wanted data from 6 months ago, your management classes had better
allow for it and if they do, the data would be found in the primary pool
(unless the media in the primary pool was trashed then you would use data in
the copy pool to "restore volume" to fix the messed up volume/media in the
primary pool...
Also, if you keep your copy pool onsite (in the same atl / available) and
you do have media crap out in the primary pool...if a user issues a restore,
tsm will roll straight to the data on the media under the copy pool...

hope this helps...
later,
Dwight