ADSM-L

Solaris client

2000-07-17 11:07:36
Subject: Solaris client
From: "Fluker, Tom R" <Tom.Fluker AT VIASYSTEMS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 11:07:36 -0400
I have a Solaris 2.5.1 machine with the 3.1.0.8 client software running.  My
problem is that the "dsmc sched" process seems to have a memory leak (or at
least be a memory hog).

When 'swap -l' shows no free swap space,  all I do is kill and restart the
"dsmc sched" process 'swap -l' shows 315280 blocks free.  The implication,
at least to me, is that 'dsmc sched' was holding on to lots of unnecessary
memory.

While I realize there are other problems with this particular machine I have
real problems with 'dsmc sched' taking (and keeping) so much memory.

Has anybody seen this problem?  I realize that I could stop, and restart,
the scheduler daily (cron) to minimize the problem but it's not showing on
other clients and is a little (lot) annoying.

Tom Fluker
Viasystems Technologies