ADSM-L

Re: Slow Restore: 10 G in 16 hours

2000-07-17 01:42:23
Subject: Re: Slow Restore: 10 G in 16 hours
From: Mike Glassman - Admin <admin AT IAA.GOV DOT IL>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 07:42:23 +0200
That's about the average of such a restore here.

Last large restore we did, also after collation had been fixed and all, took
2 hours for 64MB of files (300 files).

What I worked out, is that the system was flipping between tapes all the
bloody time.

I'm not now or have I ever been impressed with ADSM's restore speeds.

Mike