ADSM-L

This should be an easy question

2000-07-14 16:44:26
Subject: This should be an easy question
From: Joel Cooper <jocooper AT DTTUS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 15:44:26 -0500
We're going to migrate a TSM client from "out of lease" hardware to new
hardware.

We plan to use TSM to do it, restoring active files. This represents 210GB and
1.5 million files, so we're leaving a block of time to do it.

In my tests, I noticed that my stats report "restored" and "failed" (activity
log). But my server admin noticed the GUI reported that 20 more items were
"inspected" than were restored, and the difference was not failed.

It happened the next volume, too, but it was 40 files.

Does anyone know what the discrepancy is? I feel like I should know the answer,
but I don't.

Thanks,

Joel Cooper
Deloitte & Touche LLP