ADSM-L

Re: Server Crashed: pkthread.c

2000-07-13 08:09:51
Subject: Re: Server Crashed: pkthread.c
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:09:51 -0400
>We were in the process of doing a site archive yesterday when the ADSM
>server crashed (3.1.2.40 on AIX 4.3.2, RS/6000-H70)  It came back up w/o a
>problem, and there is more than 2GB of db space free.  The log never got
>past 30% full.  Below is the only error message I could find.  Anyone have
>any idea what this is?  The 'Messages' manual wasn't very helpful... TIA!

>ANR7837S Internal error BUF006 detected.

*SM software failures are the result of software defects, which you can do
something about only by either upgrading to a later level (3.1.2.55 would
probably be advisable for your), or by conferring with *SM Support if you
can't find a fix.  Your occurrence may be that addressed in APAR IY00869
(q.v.).
          Richard Sims, BU