ADSM-L

Re: New IP Address for TSM Clients

2000-07-11 16:32:36
Subject: Re: New IP Address for TSM Clients
From: John Marquart <jomarqua AT INDIANA DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:32:36 -0500
I am by no means a guru - more of a neophyte, however what we do, is in
the client dsm.sys file, is include a line: "TCPServeraddress
foo-atm.domain.edu"   This seems to bind our *SM traffic to the local atm
network.

-john
On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Rupp Thomas (Illwerke) wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Rupp Thomas (Illwerke) wrote:

> Hi TSM-Gurus,
>
> we just installed a 155Mb ATM backbone just for backup.
> Now most of our servers have two networking cards (one for the
> 16Mb Token Ring and the other for the ATM back bone).
>
> How can I change the IP address so the TSM server uses the
> fast ATM connection and not the (up till now used) slow TR
> connection?
>
> If memory serves me well TSM notes the IP address on first contact.
> Does TCPCLIENTADDRESS in DSM.OPT help to change the
> address?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Kind regards
> Thomas Rupp
> Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
> MAIL:   thomas.rupp AT illwerke DOT at
> TEL:    ++43/5574/4991-251
> FAX:    ++43/5574/4991-820-8251

John "Jamie" Marquart           |     This message posted 100% MS free.
Digital Library SysAdmin        |  Work: 812-856-5174   Pager: 812-334-6018
Indiana University Libraries    |  ICQ: 1131494         D'net Team:  6265